- Notebook with pockets to hold handouts from class
- Blue or black ink pens for all work you turn in.
- Pencils and erasers
- Highlighters - 1 yellow and 3 other colors
- Color pencils (optional, just in case you want to use them to draw in your sketchbook)
- We can use tissues, color cardstock paper, and scrapbook paper for projects
Novels for parallel reading:
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
A third novel to be determined.
I recommend obtaining these novels as soon as you can to assure you have them when we begin reading. Dates will be posted for them shortly.
You can check these used bookstores for the novels at a reduced rate:
* Once & Again Books
Tuesday: Go over syllabus, class rules, and bathroom policy.
**Bring copy of Night and Anthem to class the rest of the week.
Monday: First day of school. Turn in summer reading assignments. Syllabus will be handed out Tuesday. For your information here is a list of class-supplies you will need: